“Calling all retro fans with Android devices!! In a few weeks our famous retro shooter Battle Squadron ONE from 1989 will be available on Android “Google Play Store” throughout the world”
After having released Battle Squadron ONE for iOS devices, and upgrading it to world’s first 2-player split-screen shooter, we are now almost ready with Battle Squadron ONE for Android!!
At the turn of the year Cope-Com signed Android coding expert GoldenCode.eu to do the Android version of Battle Squadron. This work is now nearing the end. Naturally all features of the iOS version have been transferred to the Android version. This includes:
– World’s first 2-player split-screen mode
– Open Feint with Achievements and Leaderboards
– 4 fantastically detailed levels to fight your way through
– 4 highly diverse “bosses” to defeat… and scores of different enemies
– 24 different weapons (4 types of 6 grades each) + Nova Missile
– Fantastic atmospheric digitally remastered music scores and sound FX
– Several control options, including the new and advanced “2x direct touch”
At Cope-Com we have been extremely pleased with the dynamic and excellent work of GoldenCode.eu in converting Battle Squadron to Android.
To have the game run perfectly on some of the earlier Android devices, in fact the whole graphics engine had to be rewritten. This demanded essentially a doubling of the work.
Overall, it has been an exceptionally pleasant experience. And what has made it even better is that the lead coder on the project, Daniel Müßener, is actually an old fan of Battle Squadron… and this game is actually part of the reason he went into game coding in the first place… Wow !!