Daily Leaderboards

Gamer’s Corner

Here you can write or comment on the game experience and ranking in Battle Squadron ONE and share it with the rest of the game community.

41 Responses to Daily Leaderboards

1. John says:

Great game I played this on my old Amiga years ago,loved it and still do.you have done a great job converting this for my I pad.keep this standard up and I will buy all your stuff.how about having a go at Last Ninja great platform game I played for hours.
    Keep up the great work you guys have started.
    John

2. Will says:

More two player games please

3. NonameHJB says:

What a great conversion! Loved the game in ’89 and can’t believe I am still playing it in 2012. Absolutely great playability. You even managed to add a little through the excellent touch control, the new planet overview graphic, and the online highscore lists.

Minor moans about the highscore at the top row not being synced on first play albeit being logged in and welcomed with my OpenFeint handle before start. Also the disable auto-fire button gets in the way and forces me to die some times. Maybe you could add an option to disable it in the settings? Finally, I feel that the Cope-Com intro has a quite different and somewhat cheaper modern style. Maybe just try to make that retro as well for Hybris? And please don’t get irritated by request for updated graphics and such. Just keep the retro style with blocky pixels and harsh sounds and stick as close to the originals as possible. That’s why we loved those games in the first place. They just rocked in every department (playability/code, graphics, music).

Overall 95% for me 🙂

Hi HJB. Thanks for your feedback. Great to hear you enjoy Battle Squadron now again… 23 years later!! 🙂 We did actually consider having the auto-fire as an ex-game button, but to avoid any more buttons in the menu we decided to have it in-game. We will see what we will do in Hybris 🙂 Thanks, Martin

4. Janee Glumac says:

Woah! I’m really enjoying the template/theme. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s difficult to get that “perfect balance” between superb usability and visual appeal. I must say you’ve done a very good job with this. In addition, the site loads very quick for me on Chrome. Excellent!

5. Fredrik says:

Oh my God this is so awesome! I just finished my first play through and is litterary in tears of nostalgic joy while writing this! There are so many great memories coming back from playing this! Thank you!! 🙂

Like so many other has said before me, I hope you try making more Amiga games like this. I’ve never seen such a perfect Amiga-conversion anywhere before, everything is spot on.

And I hope you try making it work with the iCade as well, the clicking sound may be a bit annoying but it’s still as close you can get to play these types of old school gems with a Tac2 joystick without having an old Commodore computer.

• Hi Fredrik,
      That’s fantastic to hear, thanks 🙂 A lot of time and effort went into the iOS and Android conversions in order to keep the highly praised playability and the “Amiga feeling”. The control mechanics externally is an ongoing process in which we have focus on.
      You will most likely be happy to hear that Hybris – one of the first true and famed shoot’em ups on the Amiga with slick graphics, tons of sprites and intense music beat is under development and from what I have seen it looks like a true gem coming soon 🙂

Cheers

Share your views

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s