Other

This section concerns all other issues that you may encounter during your beta-testing. When commenting/reporting, please make it as detailed as possible. 🙂

Cope-Com
________________________________________________________________

39 Responses to Other

1. kamelito says:

Hi,
    Being in the BS credits list, come on wake me up 🙂

There are not enough bytes left for further credits in iOS.. status: 7 bits left.. lol… just kidding kamel, my friend 😉
      (not kidding with beta credits list ingame)

2. Eric says:

Well, things are much better now. I can consistently make it to one of the underground sections before I get trounced 🙂 The biggest problem I’m seeing now is timing, most notably with the tanks that come out of bunkers. Many of them come out so late that they’re almost at the bottom of the screen, which means you can’t get underneath them to shoot them and have to waste a bomb to take them out. The other thing, which I know someone else mentioned, is the number of shots it takes to defeat certain bad guys. I know you don’t want to make the game too easy, even on easy mode, but again there are certain bad guys you can’t destroy unless you use bombs. Now if you want to drop me an unlimited supply of bombs…

Hi Eric,
      Good to hear 🙂 The blue weapon can make rear shots in order to clear the back view. In Cadet mode the bullets fly a bit slower and that also applies to the big bosses and it should make it easier to overtake them. The differences between Cadet mode and Squadron Leader is fairly huge at least on a 3.5 inch device.
      Unlimited supply of Missil bombs you say? hmm… then you’ll need a B-52 lol 😉

• Eric says:

That’s great if you get the blue gun 🙂 I actually think it’s pretty good right now, I was just trying to come up with things that people might complain about. I guess I just need to get better at the game 😛

Hi Eric,
          The Beta2 still has a small problem with cadet mode (with direct touch) and the speed of the underground enemies (check it out, it is twice the speed) which needs to be adjusted 😉
          As a sign of gratitude to all the great beta testers. We are thinking about adding an iOS credit list ingame (list shown during game over) where all beta testers names will be shown 😉

3. kamelito says:

Oops I can’t loose one.

4. kamelito says:

Not a bug I’m but but if you’ve 99 extra bonus then you can’t collect more, if you move over them they just stay in place. Didn’t try though to loose one and try to have a new one.

Yes, the variable was a byte split in two 4 bit units (each a digit) and everywhere graphically there is only “room” for 2 digits. Really only relevant to go above 99 when in cheat mode… but maybe something we should fix 😉

5. Jeppe says:

Defiantly an improvement with the easier cadet setting! Now I don’t die because of bullets, but by collision with invisible ships. Guess that is somewhat of an improvement? 😀

Few suggestions though (for easy mode perhaps):
    – Make autofire a bit faster
    – Less shots to kill some enemies. Would be really helpfull on the upgrade ships. They sure take alot of hits!
    – Allow continues/credits in the sublevels

We will surely take this into consideration… Good idea to make the “upgrade” ships easier to shoot down (on the easier levels). We however also have to be careful it does not become too easy… so people “fly” right through 😉

Comments are closed.