Battle Squadron ONE now on the App Store

Our highly acclaimed Amiga classic achieving an amazing 109% rating is now available on the App Store for iOS devices. The press said the following about the original:
109% – “Now Battle Squadron is the best“, Amiga Computing (2:10)
90% – “It’s expert execution and addictive playability“, Info (31)
87% – “It’s rapid-fire animation, coupled with effective sound and a long running music track“, The Games Machine (25)
85% – “I love the graphics of this game“, Zzap (58)
90% – “Battle Squadron is so addictive that you just can’t stop playing“, The One Amiga (56)

For the iOS version we have conserved the highly praised gameplay exactly like on the original, while at the same time adapting it to excellent play on mobile devices. Further improvements, not possible in the original, include Game Center to compete against your friends, and Daily Leaderboards updates with player comments.
We have truly managed to make this a great playing experience. Feedback on the beta-version of Battle Squadron ONE says it all:
I had a smile on my face a mile wide while I played the game“, www.iphonefreak.com
Can honestly say that Battle Squadron is probably my favorite 2D shooter of them all“, www.toucharcade.com
So engage and destroy…and to those of you who remember: “Welcome to Battle Squadron”
Cope-Com
Advertisements
This entry was posted in Cope-Com games and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Battle Squadron ONE now on the App Store

1. Kamelito says:

Wow have you seen the highscore? There’s some real aviators out there.
    That lead me to think about iPod/iPhone vs iPad is both of those categories ranked on the same leaderboard ? I don’t own an iPad but I assume that the game is “easier” with it no?
    If true then rankings may not be fair 🙂

Yes, the players caught on really fast on Battle Squadron ONE… maybe some practiced on the Amiga… I will have a hard time keeping up myself 😉
      Yes, BS ONE is probably easier on iPad, but not that much. It will probably be simpler to just keep it all together in one list…
      Martin

2. kamelito says:

Hi,
    It has been a long beta period, an even longer development time, one day maybe BS1 will be in the top 100, that would be really really cool!
    Did bought it too, if you like it do a review on the AppStore, I already did but we need more.

Now I’ve to beat the first highscore 🙂
    PS after summer I should be ready for an Hybris beta-test, well if you want me in 🙂

Hi Kamel, Yes it has taken us a bit longer to make Battle Squadron ONE as good on iOS as we should it should be… about twice as long actually 😉

We would be most happy if as many of you join in on App Store for reviews to support Battle Squadron ONE. Thanks 🙂

We are always looking for excellent beta-testers, so please stay tunes for Hybris 🙂

3. Ron Klaren says:

Congratulations guys! You did a great job!

Hi Ron, Thanks for that. I think the whole thing comes together… like on the Amiga… so loads of credit to you as well 🙂 We will stay in touch… 😉

4. maxart says:

Congrats to the team!
    Purchased a moment ago, couldn’t be happier!
    Twitted about it as well: http://twitter.com/maxart/status/88292758854438912

Hi Max, Also thanks to you for your beta-testing of BS ONE and the additional Twitter and purchase. It is very much appreciated 🙂

5. rez says:

CONGRATS \o/

I already bought it on the Appstore 😀

I also posted a news about it on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/chiptune 🙂

Hi Rez, Thank you. Great to hear from you. And thanks for your help on the beta-testing… and also Twitter and purchase 🙂

Share your views

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s